18" x 47" Heavy-Duty Wood Lathe | Grizzly G0733
G0733 18" x 47" Heavy-Duty Wood Lathe
A large capacity wood lathe with VFD.
The G0733 18" x 47" Heavy-Duty Wood Lathe has it all, beginning with the 18" swing over bed capacity.
You'll appreciate the variable-speed spindle control with digital readout, forward/reverse switch and convenient tool storage basket.
The belt drive offers a low-speed range of 100–1200 RPM and a high-speed range of 330–3200 RPM.
The headstock can be rotated 180° and positioned anywhere along the bed. The tailstock, headstock, and tool rest support all have lever action cam locks for quick positioning.
Perhaps best of all, the G0733 is equipped with a VFD (variable frequency drive), which allows the lathe's 2 HP, 3-phase motor to run on single-phase power. All you need is standard 220V, single-phase power to be up and running in no time.
The VFD saves you money by increasing the efficiency of the motor and decreasing electricity use. It reduces wear and tear on the motor which extends the life of the lathe.
The G0733 manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 2 HP, 240V, 3-phase (with inverter for single-phase power), 5.6A
- Required power supply: 240V, single-phase, min. 15A circuit
- Swing over bed: 18"
- Swing over tool rest base: 14"
- Distance between centers: 47"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 100–3200 RPM
- Spindle threads: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI RH
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Tool rest width: 14"
- Tool rest post diameter: 1"
- Footprint: 20" x 65-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 81" W x 19-1/2" D x 48-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 577 lbs.
- Cast-iron constructed bed and legs for stability and to minimize vibration
- Electronic variable-speed spindle control with digital readout
- 10° spindle indexing
- Headstock can be rotated 180°and positioned anywhere along the bed
- Lever-action cam-locks for tailstock, headstock and toolrest base for quick positioning
- Low speed range of 100–1200 RPM
- High speed range of 330–3200 RPM
- Forward/reverse switch
- Emergency stop button
- 1-year limited warranty
- Includes 6" faceplate, MT#2 cupped live center, MT#2 spur center, tool rest, indexing pin, and knock-out rod